Resources to apply and manage your award
- Complete the institutional agreement and email the unsigned form to your CFI Senior Programs Officer or Programs Officer. It is important that you do not email us a scanned copy of this form.
Institutional agreement (pdf)
Institutional agreement (Québec) (pdf)
- Following our receipt of this form, we will send it to your President (c.c. liaison) through DocuSign to obtain their signature.
- Once your President has signed the institutional agreement, we will upload it to CAMS.
After your project is funded
If a research infrastructure project at your institution is approved for funding, congratulations! You will need to finalize your institution’s award, sign an award agreement, get operating support and keep your project information up to date.
Finalize your award
You will need to finalize each award before we can release funds. To do so, complete and submit an award finalization form in CAMS. See the Policy and program guide for more details.
- Refer to the award finalization form (pdf) template to know what information is required
- Look for the award finalization form in the institutional dashboard in the award finalization module in CAMS
- By default, CAMS only allows people identified in your institutional agreement to enter data in the award finalization form (i.e. president, director general, authorized signatories, liaison and account administrator). Through their institutional agreement and access privileges screen, those default users can grant access to allow other users (including project and team leaders) to enter data in the award finalization form
- Only people identified in your institutional agreement can submit the award finalization form in CAMS (i.e. president, authorized signatories, liaison and account administrator).
Is the CFI still mailing hard copy award agreements to institutions?
No. We have transitioned to a digital signature process (using DocuSign) for award agreements. Once all parties have signed, we will email you the final award agreement. We will also upload it into CAMS, where you can access it any time.
Who will receive the award agreement at my institution?
We will email award agreements to one of your authorized signatories and your account administrator for signature. By default, the authorized signatory who will receive award agreements for signature is the one identified in “Award agreements signed by” tab on the “Institutional agreement and access privileges” page of your CAMS portal.
Your institution’s CFI liaison will receive the award agreement email for information only and is not required to sign it.
How can I change the default signatory for my institution?
If your institution has identified more than one authorized signatory in the institutional agreement, you will need to identify to whom you want the award agreement sent for signature. You can change the default authorized signatory for award agreements through the “Institutional agreement and access privileges” link in the CAMS institutional dashboard.
What if I want to change the default signatory for an award agreement I have been asked to sign?
You can request a change by replying to the award agreement email at signatures [at] innovation.ca (signatures[at]innovation[dot]ca). You should not forward an award agreement to another individual for signature.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Senior Programs Officer assigned to your institution.
Get operating support through the Infrastructure Operating Fund
Find out how to access financial support for the operating and maintenance costs of your CFI-funded research infrastructure through our Infrastructure Operating Fund.
Find good practices for managing your award
Browse good practices, policies and processes for managing your CFI awards.
Keep your project up to date
Make sure your project information, including budget, end date and other details, is up to date in CAMS. Consult the Policy and program guide for more information on changes to infrastructure projects.
Report on your funded project
Once a project at your institution is up and running, you will need to submit progress and financial reports in CAMS. (The specific reporting requirements for each project, including deadlines and frequency, are included in the terms and conditions of each award agreement.)
Explore these sample templates as a guide for how to fill out the forms in CAMS. See the Policy and program guide for more details.
Tools to apply for funding and report on your award
Use these tools to help create a budget as part of your proposal and to prepare your financial reports. See the Policy and program guide for more details.